To lead a quality life we need to be healthy and stay healthy. Regular exercise like using an indoor bicycle and proper nutrition are the keys to a healthy life. Obesity has become a global problem. Modern life styles have made it easy to eat and drink more while having little or less than adequate physical activity. This results in weight gain and consequently obesity. In the US, for example, over 60% of the population is technically obese or overweight.
Being overweight or obese has been linked with an increased risk of developing a range of chronic diseases including:
- Heart disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- High blood pressure
- Back pain
- Some forms of cancer
How do you know you are obese or overweight?
You can find out if you are overweight by simply calculating your Body Mass Index or BMI. This shows whether your weight is healthy in relation to your height. Another point to consider is your waist size. A large waist is associated with increased health risks. If you are a man, your waist should ideally be less than 37 inches or 95 cm. For women the waist should be less than 31.5 inches or 80 cm. Losing a little weight can have significant health benefits for most of us!
To lose weight you need to change your current habits in relation to diet and exercise. The best way to start losing weight is to start small and gradually make changes to your diet and physical activity. You need to exercise
more regularly and have a balanced diet, eat less! Choose physical activity and nutritional changes than you can accommodate in your daily routine and therefore can stick to for the rest of your life.
How Do You Loss Weight Fast
The best weight loss programs are those that assist you to achieve quick and lasting results together with adhering to a certain diet program. A good weight loss program provides you with a healthy long term plan. Remember before embarking on any weight loss program you need to consult your doctor and find out if it is suitable for you.
Best Loss Tips for Fast Results
- Increase your physical activity; a little more physical activity in your daily routine can help you shed more weight than you can imagine.
- Walk more
- use the stairs instead of the elevator
- Play with your kids or take your dog for a walk
- Workout in the morning for at least 30 minutes, using a bike from Indoor Training Bikes.
- Lift heavier weights to burn more fat
- Remember taking a break helps you lose weight faster
2. Take up the walk 10 000 steps a day and lose 10 pounds in a year with minimum effort!
3. Do cardiovascular exercises. These help you burn more body fat.
4. Change to a Mediterranean diet. People from the Mediterranean are among the healthiest in the world. They are the leanest, have the lowest rates of chronic ailments and live the longest!
5. Drink more water. Water is very important for your health; it keeps your body cells hydrated and reduces the amount of fat stored in your body.
6. Eat more fruits and vegetables; these help you burn more calories.
7. Eat more fibre and proteins. Fibre helps you control your weight by preventing you from eating more. Protein requires more calories to digest!
8. Use less salt.
9. Make breakfast your main meal, eat a smaller lunch and eat least at night. Your body requires more energy in the day.
10. Take your multivitamins daily. These help you reduce your appetite.
Get adequate sleep, 7-8 hours. People who sleep for more or less than 7 -8 hours are more likely to gain weight.
Having sound health has many benefits. It results in a positive attitude, makes you calm and relaxed, and increases your productivity leading to your overall development and a quality long life.